Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mystery Crochet-Along Clues Three and Four

Continuing with Bernat's Mystery Crochet-Along, clue 3 brought a stitch I hadn't used before, the v-stitch:
Unlike the previous two clues, we had to make 8 squares, though I only photographed two (and I'm probably going to make that the standard for posting).  The squares worked up pretty quick, although it's hard to see a distinct V with a chunky yarn.  Or maybe it's just me?  I'm not worrying about it.

Clue 4 was the first to have more than one color, and gave everyone a huge headache.  For some, it was all the ends to weave in at the end, while for others it was the annoyance of trying to figure out gauge.  It seems like everyone was modifying the pattern in some way, whether it was flipping it to make a mirror image, changing the triple crochets to doubles, or just stopping once they had 8 inches.  Even I had to go down a hook, and I changed the last row of triple crochets to double.  Fortunately, we only had to make four this time:
I really like the way the colors go together.  Kind of a southwestern look, don't you think?

No comments: