Monday, April 19, 2010

Snake and Bacon?!

So there I was, watching the first couple of episodes of The Flight of the Conchords, trying to see if I like it enough to watch on TV, now that I have HBO and all that, and there's this one character who I swear I've seen in something else.  So I hopped over to the IMDB like I always do in that case, and learned the actress was Kristen Schaal basically, the only thing I knew her from was Valentine's Day, although I don't remember who her character was.  But as I was looking over her list of roles, a title jumped out at me: Snake 'n' Bacon.
Y'see, back in my high school days, I stumbled up Snake 'n' Bacon's Cartoon Cabaret, a collection of comics by Michael Kupperman, and just had to buy the book, even though the comics were pretty weird.  Although I lost my copy, most of the comics are pretty well-etched into my brain.  (I should still buy another copy, though.) So seeing that, some ten years afterwards, this apparently got a TV show, I just didn't know what to think.  A little investigating revealed that it was merely a pilot for Adult Swim that didn't get picked up, which is too bad.  But the entire thing is up on Adult Swim's site (and it's only like ten minutes, so there you go).
Frankly, it doesn't quite capture what made the comics so funny, but it's sort of faithful to them (as far as I can remember, anyway).  That's probably why it didn't get picked up.  But here's the middle section of the show for you to check out:

No comments: