Monday, August 24, 2009

Ode to a Puffy Hat

I've got another post brewing, but there's one thing I want to say that doesn't quite fit into it, so I'm making a quick note of it now:
Why, internet? Why did you have to hate on Revamp Strawberry's puffy hat? That's why none of the other girls have big hats, opting instead for headbands and barrettes, and that's why next to none of Strawberry's dolls come with the hat. And I love that puffy hat! It was one of the first things I loved about the new style. That, and that she had green-striped tights again.
So yeah, I'm pretty sure that it was all the backlash against the new style that axed big hats for the rest of the girls, although it could also be that designing big, puffy hats is not the easiest thing in the world, either.

2 comments:

Prudence said...

Why hate the puffy hat? Strawberry had a puffy bonnet from the start.

Want me to be frank? Chong Lee is a strange and picky person, and that's wording it lightly. He knows this.

The Zany Bishojo Evalana said...

This is more directed at the general hate-on the internet had for the 2009 revamp in general (the one where no one seemed to know that there was a 2002 revamp, but ranted against how Strawberry had been sexified and so on).