Wednesday, April 29, 2009

American Idol - Final Five

Tuesday:
  • 20:04 Jamie Foxx? 
  • 20:04 I know him mostly as an actor, so I wasn't aware he was an actual singer. 
  • 20:13 Kris - The Way You Look Tonight: Oh, he's got the look down. Not just the style, but the look in his eyes. This is a good theme for him. 
  • 20:22 Allison - Someone to Watch Over Me: I do not like that song any more. (Not because she's singing it, I stopped liking it years ago) 
  • 20:23 What's up with all that reverb? 
  • 20:25 Having heard it so much, I can honestly say that she didn't bring anything to it that hasn't been done before. 
  • 20:27 I'm thinking the judges are just being nice to her because she's the only girl left. 
  • 20:28 Somehow, I think I'm the only one who things that Kara telling Simon he's crazy is an inside joke about how the show "Girl Crazy"... 
  • 20:28 ...is the show that "Someone to Watch Over Me" is from. 
  • 20:33 ARGH!!!! SOMEONE ALREADY SANG "MY FUNNY VALENTINE" THIS SEASON!!!! My quota for putting up with it is already filled. 
  • 20:34 (Seriously, if I were the only one watching right now, I would mute it. I cannot take that song any more.) 
  • 20:35 URGH, AND STOP SINGING IT SO SLOW!!! PLEASE, SPEED IT UP AND GET IT OVER WITH!!! 
  • 20:36 Stupid Matt. 
  • 20:45 Gokey - Come Rain or Come Shine: He looks weird tonight. Can't quite put my finger on it. The song's not blowing me away, either. 
  • 20:55 That is it, no more Rat Pack nights are allowed. Hasn't "Feeling Good" been sung twice this season already? If not, it feels like it. 
  • 20:56 Meanwhile, my mother is just plain tired of Adam's tongue. 
  • 20:58 But really, everyone did a slow, slow song. Where's "Mac the Knife" or something upbeat?

Wednesday:
  • 21:06 See, now's that what they should have been singing yesterday. Upbeat. 
  • 21:12 Wait, so all the cakes were destroyed? 
  • 21:18 Adam in the bottom 3? Who'd have guessed? (Not me. I don't particularly like him, but he always seemed like the most popular) 
  • 21:19 I don't think he's going home, though. 
  • 21:53 And so Matt goes home. 
  • 21:56 But yeah, that's he gets for singing "My Funny Valentine." And especially singing it so slow like that. 

No comments: